Codelmark for Anti-Counterfeiting
The Codelmark for Anti-Counterfeiting is:
- a major aid to Policing the activities of counterfeiters world wide. It simplifies both detection and detention.
- the logo you see on every page throughout this web site.
- designed to be plain, unintrusive (when added to the packaging of branded products) and to convey one simple message:
- "Any product carrying the Codel Mark can be tracked and validated"
- Any consumer can log on to our website and validate their product by keying in the VR on our product validation page.
- Any retailer or distributor can check the validity of entire consignments just as easily.
- And any policing agency - whether it be field operatives scanning random products on supermarket shelves, or customs officials monitoring the contents of shipping containers - can use the Codel Mark to achieve two things.
First, they can validate the products or entire consignment like everyone else. But secondly, should they have any cause to challenge the validity of the product, the Codel Mark gives them a major advantage. Instead of having to go back to individual manufacturer's for a response, or having to learn thousands of different testing procedures, the Codel Mark is the legal basis for a single procedure and a single point of contact.
This is because the Codel Mark is our own intellectual property. Hence any attempt at counterfeiting, whether it be Trainers, Power Drills or Washing Machines, is not only a breach of the Brand Owner's IP rights, but it is also a breach of ours. Which means that we can authorise the Policing Agencies to impound the goods on our behalf. We then take care of contacting the appropriate manufacturer and initiating all the appropriate legal steps.
We believe that the simplification of checking and interdiction procedures made possible by the Codel Mark and the single point of contact it enables could, on its own, improve the detection and detention of counterfeit goods at Customs posts by a factor of at least 1000%.