Document Protection Software
Codel's Document Protection Software is designed to make it easy for individual authors or owners of ad hoc documents to manage the registration and validation those documents for copyright and other purposes.
- Database stored on the author/owner's personal computer
- Simple application will prompt the user to provide the relevant details (the document hash and the hash of the document claims)
- Optional registration of ownership using anonymous one time keys. Optionally these can be further signed using PK.
- Only hash values are sent to and stored by Codel
- Codel issues receipt and time-stamp which the software will store as part of the document's registration record
- Document Validation by an Author is simply a matter of finding the Record of the document requiring validation, using the Codel software and then clicking "Validate".
- Document Validation by a 3rd party is merely a matter of using the Codel software to validate the document and any claims that accompany it.
The software allows users to point to and include the path and hashes of any other file on their system in the registration record. Hence multiple documents can be protected with a single registration.